Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Finland!
Hey!

I'm Robin from Finland and I'm quite new to motorcycles since i got my first one a little more than a year ago which was a Yamaha XT 350. In august I had worked and saved enough money that I could buy a bigger and better one but I still didn't knew what motorcycle I should get... Then one day I saw this beauty on the internet and I knew that was the bike I had been looking for! Big Grin

I contacted the seller immediately and the next day I went to test the bike, it felt so great to drive and just loved the look of it. Still I knew it was maybe a BIT too big for me since it had almost 1000cc more than the Yamaha and I hadn't been riding for long time at all. But since I'm not a total ass and have a big respect for these things it felt kinda safe to buy it.

I've now driven about ~3000km on it and love everything about it.. This beast has so much torque that you really have to be light on the gas not to slide out of corners. This summer I'm also going for a roadtrip to Nordkapp in Norway with my friend, really waiting for this!

The CB1300 is a 2008 year model and I have put a GPR pandemonium race slip-on and a GS cockpit fairing on it.

(The GS cockpit fairing is not in this picture, have to take a new picture of it someday)

[Image: hondacb1300.jpg]free picture upload
When in doubt throttle out...
Hi Robin,
Welcome to the forum Smile
if you can`t fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem
You made the right choice Robin, Enjoy!
Hello Robin from Finland
Nice bike
They are just big pussy cats Smile

Life... It's Just a Ride  
Thanks everyone!

Haha yes, she purrs nicely but when twisting the throttle she sounds and moves like a lion Big Grin
Welcome Robin from Finland,great choice of bike. I do a number of long trips in Australia,the most recent was 900 klms in a day. Of the 20 bikes I have owned,the CB1300 has been the most comfortable for long trips. My parents are Finns and after visiting there I noted you have a very short Summer and all the motorbikes appear after a Winters hibernation. It would be a brave soul who would brave the icy winter roads on a bike.
Hello and welcome, yes all it takes is one look at one and thats the one.. enjoy it, especially if you have a very short summer.
Quote:Welcome Robin from Finland,great choice of bike. I do a number of long trips in Australia,the most recent was 900 klms in a day. Of the 20 bikes I have owned,the CB1300 has been the most comfortable for long trips. My parents are Finns and after visiting there I noted you have a very short Summer and all the motorbikes appear after a Winters hibernation. It would be a brave soul who would brave the icy winter roads on a bike.

Thanks! Wow... 900kms in one day with motorcycle sounds pretty tough! Yea I also wanted a bike which you could travel a bit further with and the CB felt really comfortable, so looks like I chose the right one  Big Grin  . Cool! what part of Finland are they from?

Yes unfortunatly it's very short..Last weekend I was out riding for the first time this year. Still there is snow here besides the road and 2-10 degrees(celsius) so not too warm but couldn't wait any longer Shy . Haha I actually now some people here who put spiked tires on their sportbikes and ride on the frozen lakes wintertime, maybe I should try that also!

Quote:Hello and welcome, yes all it takes is one look at one and thats the one.. enjoy it, especially if you have a very short summer.

Thank you! Yep, you know it's the right bike when you get home from riding and still have to look at it couple of times before leaving the garage Smile A typical finnish summer is about 3 months(June-August), May is pretty warm but still can get quite cold at night and then September is the same thing, warm days/cold nights. Last year I rode in October also but it was getting dangerous with all the black ice.
Wellcome Robin!

CB 1300 is a nice bike and very reliable. You made a fine choice!
And then in finnish:
Missäpäin Suomea asustelet. Minä olen Turussa. Jos tarvitset jotain neuvoja ta muuta, ota yhteyttä yv:llä.
English:
Where do you live in Finland. I am from Turku. If you need any advice, just send me pm.
Markku
Thanks!

Yes, It feels very sturdy and good built!

Asun Vaasan ulkopuolella, kiitos! / I live outside of Vaasa(Ostrobothnia), thank you! Smile