Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you want a "shoutbox"?
There is a feature I can add to the forum which allows you to "chat" to everyone without creating a new post. It's known as a "Shoutbox".

I have created one here https://testcb1300.createmybb4.com/index.php so you can see what it looks like. It only shows up on the index page and normally , only registered users will be able to see it (I've enabled guest access to it on my test forum so you can ee what it looks like without having to register).

Do you want such a thing on this forum?

regards

Alan
Alan
Forum Administrator
Owns a CB1300S (2010) and a CBF1000F (2012)
Maybe I am doing something wrong but i cant seem to get on the shoutbox thread Sad
I am trying to care more about stupid people, but it's a struggle
Click on the link above. It should take you to the index page of my test forum (where I try things out before inflicting them on you). That will show you the shoutbox underneath "My forum" with 3 comments - all from me.

What do you see?
Alan
Forum Administrator
Yes please Smile

Life... It's Just a Ride  
So that's one "yes" and 503 "not looked" or "Can't be arsed to answer" Big Grin
Alan
Forum Administrator
Not bothered Alan, not sure if it would be something i would use.
if you can`t fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem
I'm on the fence,I don't think i would use it.
I did look, have no real thoughts about it either way so did not reply..not being ignorant or ungrateful Blush
Okay. Thicker than a thick thing. I cannot access or open the shoutbox (am I supposed to be able to that?) 
and worse I don't know what a shoutbox is supposed to do?
I am trying to care more about stupid people, but it's a struggle
Dave,

All it is is another way of having a chat. It does depend on a few people being online at the same time and is more used in games type forums. I saw that it was available so I thought I would ask.

As to not being able to access it - all you can do is view what I have put up there unless you register on the test forum (which you can do if you want).

It looks like this:

[Image: shoutbox.jpg]

Given the lack of interest, I won't clutter the forum up with extra stuff.

Alan
Alan
Forum Administrator