Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!! Forum newbie here!
Exclamation 
Hey guys,

Thought I'd say a quick hello. I've had my CB1300 just over a year now I think, but only just found this forum. Found one a while back but nobody was active on there at all, it was rubbish. Quick look on here and it seems that there are people active which is great. Anyhoo....just thought I'd say hello. My name is Chad and I'm from the Stoke-on-Trent area  Smile  Not sure if anyone else is from this neck of the woods?  My bike is an 04 plate in silver (naked version).  It's still as it was when I bought it apart from a K&N air filter. It already had an aftermarket end can on it when I bought it which sounds quite nice. Love the bike, but it's lumpy at low speed/revs which seems normal for them?  I'll be hunting around on here for various info and possibly mods to make it better in any aspect. Silver wasn't my first choice, but it came up at the right price at the right time. Beggars can't be choosers eh. I'm considering at some point having it re-sprayed a different colour unless I can find bargain replacement parts to change the colour. Anyway, I won't keep waffling. I hope to enjoy this forum, picking up tips and tricks and maybe adding helpful ones of my own if I can. 

Speak to you soon,

Chad.
Hi Chad,
Welcome to the forum Smile
if you can`t fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Cheers! Big Grin
Chad,

Welcome. The lumpiness at low speeds may be caused by the end can. Mine is smooth and easy to ride at low speeds (but it's a later model).
Alan
Forum Administrator
Owns a CB1300S (2010) and a CBF1000F (2012)
welcome Chad, ive got an 03 model, suffered with the same thing , fixed with a power commander. pete.
(15-05-2017, 10:08 AM)pete p Wrote: welcome Chad, ive got an 03 model, suffered with the same thing , fixed with a power commander. pete.

Interesting. Was everything standard or...?  I was looking at PC's, but can't afford one yet. 

Chad.
we all like a pic or 2......welcome to the forum
You see that internet thing ?  It,ll never catch on .
(15-05-2017, 12:12 PM)julesyoung Wrote: we all like a pic or 2......welcome to the forum

Each to their own, but can we see a couple of his bike as well. Tongue

Welcome to The CB1300 Forum Chad!
(15-05-2017, 01:22 PM)Algernon Wrote:
(15-05-2017, 12:12 PM)julesyoung Wrote: we all like a pic or 2......welcome to the forum

Each to their own, but can we see a couple of his bike as well. Tongue

Welcome to The CB1300 Forum Chad!

Hahaha!  Thank you! 
I'll try and get a photo uploaded at some point. One where the bike's clean.....ahem...
(15-05-2017, 10:45 AM)Chad! Wrote:
(15-05-2017, 10:08 AM)pete p Wrote: welcome Chad, ive got an 03 model, suffered with the same thing , fixed with a power commander. pete.

Interesting. Was everything standard or...?  I was looking at PC's, but can't afford one yet. 

Chad.

hi Chad, k and n filter and an end can sort of did all around the same time, think you may find quite a few on here have done the same thing.